When Waynesville cautiously re-opened for business in May we all expected that risks and restrictions would be largely gone by the end of the Summer, then later we had high hopes for an easing up for the Fall. Alas, with the current national surge it seems that the new COVID reality will be with us for a while longer.
We are frequently asked by prospective guests what is the COVID situation in Waynesville at the moment? Haywood County and the surrounding counties remain some of the safest places in North Carolina according to the Governor’s latest color-coded state map and we are proud of the responsible approach taken by Waynesville citizens and businesses.
The great majority of our local shops and restaurants have weathered the worst of the situation and Waynesville downtown is once again a vibrant and fun place to be. There is a high level of compliance with mask-wearing, and both restaurants (open for in house or take out dining) and other businesses have been diligent in enforcing social distancing.
Of course, the main attraction – the great outdoors – is still open to all. Scenic drives, easy and challenging hikes, wide mountain vistas, pretty waterfalls and herds of elk await you on uncrowded trails and overlooks.
At the Andon-Reid Inn we have been doing our part as well, taking additional precautions, above and beyond what we have normally done to earn our 100% sanitation rating, to safeguard everyone’s health. For example:
* Warm smiles and elbow bumps are temporarily replacing handshakes and hugs, but our hospitality remains undiminished
* Check-in and check-out are contactless
* We have removed decorative comforters, pillow shams and other hard-to sanitize soft furnishings from guest rooms and are carrying out additional sanitizing of our rooms and linens
* We have removed the communal jigsaw puzzles in the guest lounge (alas) as they cannot be easily sanitized
* We are providing individually wrapped portions of our afternoon baked treats
* We are regularly disinfecting all commonly used public surfaces using extra powerful disinfectant
* We have provided hand sanitizer in our public areas
* Staff wear masks in public areas and all guests are required to adopt our “restaurant style” mask policy i.e. you must wear your mask whenever you are moving through public areas and should only remove them once you are settled and properly socially distanced.
* Andon-Reid Inn owners and staff carry out a daily health check, and are fully briefed and performing necessary personal hygiene precautions
We are also making it easy to maintain your “social distance” at the Andon-Reid Inn
* As we cannot serve breakfast at communal tables at the moment, we have set up individual socially distanced tables in the breakfast area and dining room. When the number of guests exceed the capacity of these tables we provide complimentary room service breakfast for the Garden Suite, Carriage House Suite or Magnolia Suite.
* Regardless of the number of other guests in the Inn, for a small supplement you can specify room service breakfast in the Garden Suite, Carriage House Suite or Magnolia Suite (sorry but our other rooms are not equipped for in-room dining).
* The Carriage House Suite and the Garden Suite both have private outside entrances if you want complete separation from other guests.
* The Andon-Reid Inn is fortunate to have several large communal spaces both indoors (games room, guest lounge, dining room) and outdoors (wrap around porch, patio, fire pit, lawns) where you can enjoy the comfort of the inn as well as the beauty of the surrounding area while maintaining adequate distance from other guests.
Finally, we have instituted the following additional COVID-specific policies and guest responsibilities
We ask that you inform us upon booking, or immediately after you become aware, that:
* You are exhibiting any of the symptoms of COVID-19 or have tested positive for COVID-19
* You have been in contact with anyone exhibiting any of the symptoms of COVID-19, or who has tested positive for COVID-19
* You are under COVID-19 quarantine
* You are traveling from a location under a current “stay home” or “stay in place” order
We ask that you adhere to any hygiene and social distancing requirements required by local orders during your visit and any additional requirements that the Andon-Reid Inn believes may be necessary to help safeguard the health of our guests, staff and community.
Due to overall supply shortages, the Andon-Reid Inn is unable to supply guests with Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) such as face masks and gloves. We ask that you please bring with you any PPE necessary for your stay.
The Andon-Reid Inn is taking additional hygiene and social distancing measures to protect our guests, staff and community from COVID-19. However, due to the nature of this illness, its method of transmission and the difficulty in early diagnosis, we cannot guarantee your complete safety. We are therefore unable to accept any liability for infection by COVID-19 that may occur as a result of your stay at the Andon-Reid Inn. You therefore confirm that your stay at the Andon-Reid Inn is at your own risk in relation to COVID-19.