We are frequently asked by prospective guests what is the COVID situation in Waynesville at the moment? Haywood County and the surrounding counties remain some of the safest places in North Carolina and we are proud of the responsible approach taken by Waynesville citizens and businesses.
Given the latest guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that fully vaccinated individuals can safely do most activities without wearing a mask or the need to social distance from others, Gov. Cooper and Secretary Cohen announced that North Carolina will remove its indoor mask mandate for most settings. Additionally, the state will lift all mass gathering limits and social distancing requirements. These changes are now in effect.
Everyone, including people who are fully vaccinated, will still be required to wear a mask in certain settings such as public transportation, health care settings like hospitals, doctor’s offices and long-term care settings like nursing homes, and certain congregate settings like correctional facilities and homeless shelters. NCDHHS will continue to have strong public health recommendations for individuals to continue to protect one another until more people are vaccinated. People who are not vaccinated should wear a mask and maintain distance in all indoor public settings and in outdoor settings when they can’t maintain six feet of distance.
As restrictions are being removed, here at the Andon-Reid Inn we are cautiously moving with the times and easing some of our own precautions. In particular:
* Fully vaccinated guests are no longer required to wear masks at the Andon-Reid Inn
* We have reinstated our very popular communal breakfast seating – but only at two-thirds capacity i.e. two couples per table. If you still prefer to socially distance then we suggest that you book the Garden Suite, Carriage House Suite or Magnolia Suite where, for a small supplement, we can serve room service breakfast (sorry but our other rooms are not equipped for in-room dining).
While we monitor the CDC guidance, particularly regarding surface transmission of COVID, we are still maintaining our other precautionary procedures
* Warm smiles and elbow bumps are still replacing handshakes and hugs, but our hospitality remains undiminished
* Check-in and check-out remain contactless
* We have removed decorative comforters, pillow shams and other hard-to sanitize soft furnishings from guest rooms and are carrying out additional sanitizing of our rooms and linens
* We will not enter your room during your stay unless requested. Please let us know if you need us to replenish any towels or amenities.
* We have removed the communal jigsaw puzzles in the guest lounge (alas) as they cannot be easily sanitized. We hop it will be back soon.
* We are providing individually wrapped portions of our afternoon baked treats
* We are regularly disinfecting all commonly used public surfaces using extra powerful disinfectant
* We have provided hand sanitizer in our public areas
* Andon-Reid Inn owners and staff carry out a daily health check, are fully briefed and performing necessary personal hygiene precautions, and Andrea, George and all staff are fully vaccinated.
Finally, we have instituted the following additional COVID-specific policies and guest responsibilities
We ask that you inform us upon booking, or immediately after you become aware, that:
* You are exhibiting any of the symptoms of COVID-19 or have tested positive for COVID-19
* You have been in contact with anyone exhibiting any of the symptoms of COVID-19, or who has tested positive for COVID-19
* You are under COVID-19 quarantine
* You are traveling from a location under a current “stay home” or “stay in place” order
We ask that you adhere to any hygiene and social distancing requirements required by local orders during your visit and any additional requirements that the Andon-Reid Inn believes may be necessary to help safeguard the health of our guests, staff and community.
Due to overall supply shortages, the Andon-Reid Inn is unable to supply guests with Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) such as face masks and gloves. We ask that you please bring with you any PPE necessary for your stay.
The Andon-Reid Inn is taking additional hygiene and social distancing measures to protect our guests, staff and community from COVID-19. However, due to the nature of this illness, its method of transmission and the difficulty in early diagnosis, we cannot guarantee your complete safety. We are therefore unable to accept any liability for infection by COVID-19 that may occur as a result of your stay at the Andon-Reid Inn. You therefore confirm that your stay at the Andon-Reid Inn is at your own risk in relation to COVID-19.