Attractions in Waynesville and Surrounding Areas
Near Asheville & Maggie Valley – The award-winning Andon-Reid Inn Bed & Breakfast offers Western North Carolina lodging accommodations less than one mile from the picturesque Main Street center of Waynesville, NC, and minutes from Maggie Valley, Cherokee and Asheville. Guests enjoy walking to town for shopping, dining, and Waynesville attractions. The scenery is breathtaking with easy access to visit the Smoky Mountain National Park, Blue Ridge Parkway, Pisgah National Forest, The Biltmore Estate, Chimney Rock Park, Cherokee, and more.
Encounter the natural beauty of the Smoky Mountains with any activity you choose.
Later imagine yourself relaxing in our 1,000-square-foot guest lounge at our Waynesville bed and breakfast surrounded by the great Smoky Mountains, Pisgah National Forest, and Balsam Mountain Range. There are luxurious sofas, overstuffed chairs, books, games and a huge gas log fireplace with magnificent views waiting for you. Discover a special relaxing time away with us. Or if you prefer to be outdoors, you can sit and take in the mountain view from a comfortable rocker on our wrap-around porch, warm yourself by the fire pit on our stone patio, or unwind with a stroll around our extensive lawns.
So Many Things to Do in Western North Carolina
Allow us to help plan your Smoky Mountain vacation with the many fabulous, fun attractions and activities in Western North Carolina plus our complimentary mountain views.
During your stay at Andon-Reid Inn Bed & Breakfast, you’ll have an opportunity to experience many of the wonderful things to do while surrounded by the scenic beauty of the Great Smoky Mountains and Blue Ridge Parkway. Waynesville has a wealth of attractions, fun activities, and year-round outdoor adventures for everyone. Your most difficult decision during your stay may be what to do next!
Western North Carolina Attractions
- Biltmore Estate – George Vanderbilt’s spectacular 250-room estate in the Blue Ridge Mountains in Asheville, NC. Arguably the finest stately home in the USA and only 30 minutes from our bed and breakfast. View Video
- Cherokee Indian Reservation – The Cherokees believe that they have always lived in Western North Carolina. There are many things to do in Cherokee – attend the outdoor Mountainside Theater for a performance of “Unto These Hills…a retelling” with the whole family, visit the Museum of the Cherokee Indian with its new expanded research and education wing, plus experiencing all the rich history they offer.
- Explore Asheville – Asheville is only 30 minutes away. This eclectic city is known as “Berkeley” of the south. It’s a fun city to visit with great food, art, shopping, culture and music.
- Folkmoot USA – Each year Waynesville hosts a two-week festival of world culture with performances of international folk music and dance. At least 10 different nations take part and make the opening and closing day parade in downtown Waynesville a colorful and entertaining affair.
- Folk Art Center – Traditional arts and crafts are alive and vibrant in the Southern Appalachians. The best place to see the array of crafts is at the Folk Art Center located at Milepost 382 on the Blue Ridge Parkway near Asheville. It is home to the Southern Highland Craft Guild. Live demonstrations of craft in the making are held from March each year.
- Cherokee and Harrah’s Casino – A culture, a people, and a place that’s actually a sovereign nation, Cherokee is located right in the heart of Western North Carolina. and home to a history that spans millennia. Harrah’s Cherokee Casino & Hotel brings gaming to North Carolina’s stunning Great Smoky Mountains. Only 40 minutes from Andon-Reid Inn Bed & Breakfast
- Haywood Arts Regional Theatre – Founded in 1985, this volunteer-based community theater showcases the talents of the people of the region. HART’s main stage performances are in the James Auditorium, a 255-seat traditional proscenium space that operates April through November. In the winter, productions shift to the 75-seat Feichter Studio Theatre for a second season of more experimental work.
- Great Smoky Mountain Railroad – This relaxing excursion is very popular with many of our guests. Leaving from nearby Bryson City, the great Smoky Mountain railroad offers a variety of excursions through the mountains and valleys of Western North Carolina. Winding along some beautiful river gorges, across bridges and through tunnels, scenery, you can relive the grand era of train travel while enjoying some great food on board the steam or diesel driven trains. If you’re feeling active you can also combine the trip with other activities such as rafting and zip lines.
- Wheels Through Time Museum – An absolute must-see attraction for all motorcycle and vintage car enthusiasts. The Wheels Through Time Museum houses over 350 vintage motorcycles and rare early automobiles. The museum is in Maggie Valley just 10 minutes away from the inn.
- Winchester Creek Farm is a family-owned and operated, 20-acre farm with rolling green pastures surrounded by the majestic Smoky Mountains. They raise adorable alpacas and a variety of miniature farm animals — horses, cows, donkeys, and even a pig and really enjoy sharing their farm, knowledge, and love of animals with others.